MWGA Stroke Play at Lake Forest in Ann Arbor, MI Sunday, July 8
Written By: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 27, 2012. The next Michigan Women’s Golf Association competition will be an Individual Stroke Play tournament at Lake Forest Golf Club in Ann Arbor, MI on Sunday, July 8. With a 9 am shotgun start, the competition will be handicapped and flighted to give all women playing an equal opportunity.
Women wishing to enter without a USGA index should contact the MWGA Handicap Director, Sue Madej, at email@example.com or 313-815-9706, who may be able to assist in obtaining an index in time for the competition.
The entry fee of $63 for members, $83 for non-members includes golf, cart and prizes. First and second gross and net scores in each flight will be awarded prizes. For an additional $10 players may vie for closest-to-flagstick, chip-in and skins contests. Registration is available at www.mwgolf.org. Questions may be directed to Barb Coury at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-558-2543 or Deb Horning at email@example.com or 248-425-9246. Proceeds from a 50/50 raffle will benefit the MWGA Girls Golf Program.
Other upcoming MWGA events include:
- June 30 Match Play Competition, Pheasant Run, Canton
- July 15 Match Play Competition, Fieldstone, Auburn Hills
- July 21-22 2-Day MWGA State Championship Stroke Play, Timber Ridge, E. Lansing
- July 28 Match Play Competition, Dunham Hills, Hartland
A new membership in MWGA costs $30/year and offers the opportunity to meet and golf with a variety of women golfers plus many other benefits:
- Rules and skills clinics
- Discounted entry fee into 10-12 golf competitions
- Match Play League
- Six issues of the NEWSLINX, the bimonthly MWGA newsletter
- Golf Association of Michigan membership, including the GAM gold discount card